Today I want to look at how to pick the best niche for affiliate marketing when you are a beginner, because it is probably not what you have heard, and if you get this wrong, You WILL delay your income-producing, and could turn you right off affiliate marketing for good.
Key Takeaways TLDR
Table Of Contents
- 1 Key Takeaways TLDR
- 2 Affiliate Marketing Isn’t About The Niche
- 3 Best Niche For Affiliate Marketing Based On Professional Earnings
- 4 Niche Research For Beginners
- 5 Action Plan: How To Pick Your Best Niche For Affiliate Marketing
- Affiliate marketing isn’t about the niche, it is about the process,
- The best niche for affiliate marketing as a beginner is one you love,
- People telling you to sell products in their niche are only after your investment (mostly)
- If you enter a niche you don’t know, based on what people tell you, most likely you could lose money.
So there you have it, that in the key takeaways is all you need to get that question answered. If you want to know more about the inner workings of finding these niches for you, then let’s continue on…
Affiliate Marketing Isn’t About The Niche
Ok, so no matter what niche you choose, if you:
- Don’t know how to sell in that niche,
- Don’t have a process to follow…
- You will not make money.
Things To Do When You Start Affiliate Marketing
The most important thing that you can do, above anything else when starting out in affiliate marketing is START.
The next most important thing you can do when you are starting out is CONTINUE.
The next most important thing you can do is LEARN A SINGLE PROCESS TO MAKE A SALE.
The follow-on to that is to actually MAKE A SALE.
So there you have it… the whole truth about starting an affiliate marketing side hustle, or project, or whatever name you call it…
And it has nothing to do with a niche at all…
Here’s a question I want to ask you, related to what I just briefly mentioned above.
Do you think it would be easier to do those things in a niche you loved, or in a niche you don’t know much about?
If you answered a niche you loved, then you are 100% correct. That’s what this is all about… Learning the process in a niche you love then graduating to the higher ticket, more money niches.
Let’s have a look at some big money niches as they might be a good start for you, or maybe not…
Best Niche For Affiliate Marketing Based On Professional Earnings
|Niche Type||Sub Niches|
|Technology Niches||Hosting for websites and ecommerce stores (shopify). SaaS, softwares, tools|
|Lifestyle Niches||Fashion and jewelry, travel by air land and sea, online dating|
|Home & Family Niches||Pets and gardening, home security products, baby niche|
|Health and Fitness Niches||P90x, Weight Loss, Fitness, healthy eating, Yoga|
|Money Niches||Financing, Crypto, Investing, Mortgages, busines loans|
|Hobby Niches||Cosplay, Lego, Star Wars, Photography, Writing, Concerts, WWE|
|Alternative Niches||Personal development, Essential oils, Reiki, Auryvedic, Tai Chi|
The table above showcases the best affiliate marketing niches for making great cash, but do note… they are competitive. So much so, that if you enter these niches and don’t “2 down” you won’t get anywhere, but more on that in a moment…
When it comes to a beginner/newbie/ me when I started out, you choose a niche you know something about, to begin with. A lot of people overlook the hobbies that they actually do, and fail to realize that people spend money on hobbies they love.
But finding a niche is not enough anymore in this world of affiliate marketing, what you have to find is a niche that you can add so much value to… I call these 2 down niches, and the process of finding the best niche for affiliate marketing is part of a 6 Step Value Targeting Process…
The first step is finding your niche.
Niche Research For Beginners
Finding a good quality niche is key here because by choosing the wrong niche you can never add the level of value to your chosen niche that you need to be able to control the topic you enter.
So, here is where you will look to find the correct niche within the niche – this is key to your online success as a beginner to affiliate marketing.
When I talk about a niche within a niche, there is a reason I do this.
How New Affiliate Marketers Think
There is a tendency of people when they start and don’t understand affiliate marketing to kind of think to themselves…. okay so I’m going after…
A wide niche like Golf.
Then what they basically do is they try to find products associated with golf, and try to advertise their products to a large scale golf audience…a very competitive market.
Selling items like a putter, or a wedge or golf balls… you get the idea.
And what they try to do is create content and videos around a product like a putter for the wide golf niche.
But what they’re actually doing is… They’re just targeting on a surface level of the niche, where most people target.
Niche 2 Down Thinking
So what they basically need to do is…
- Go and break it down your niche a little bit further into something like left-handed golf putters,
- And then break it down even a little bit further with left-handed golf putters for women,
And the reason that they do should do this excuse is because it’s just far easier to rank for.
Because there are fewer people competing for that kind of term.
The more niche you are with your term, the…
- Easier to actually rank for but it’s also…
- More specific to what the person is searching for.
- So it’s easier to actually convert that person into a sale versus somebody who’s just looking for putters.
So that’s really important when it comes to your niche.
So what I want you to actually do with your niche is this… a simple 5-minute exercise.
What Niche Do You Enjoy?
- I want you to write down your list of niches (9 in total),
- These are the things that you absolutely love doing,
- Three things that you love doing,
- Three things you’re great at, and…
- Three things that potentially you would love to learn.
When you’ve done that, and you’ve got those down we’ll go on to the next step.
That next step is this…
Breaking Down Your Niche Further
So I want you to look at your current niches and then break them down to the next level down…
Imagine you were into cars. So let’s say the car was an example.
The first level you would choose something like Mercedes-Benzes owners,
Now that’s good we’re separating and breaking down the niche into a subtopic of cars.
And after that what we basically want to do is we want to break it down even further, and we want to think about the market for something else within this niche.
So the example I have here:
Female Mercedes-Benzes owners,
Female Mercedes-Benzes owners over 50.
Do you see that’s extremely targeted, and it basically means that the person who is researching knows exactly what they’re actually going to be looking for?
So if you’re able to create content and experiences for that specific person, the higher likelihood of them actually converting into purchasing the product that you might be recommending.\
Where Can You Find This Information if you are stuck?
There are two places, Google Trends and Exploding topics show you niches that are starting to take off, so there’s an option to jump on that topic and piggyback on it.
Using Exploding Topics
- You could also potentially look around topics related to your niche keyword,
- Something within your niche that you love, if you find this, then…
- You can jump on that.
If you jump on that with the love, then it it’s going to be so much easier to create the content that you actually need to create to convert visitors to your websites into buyers.
So have a look at that and find those niches for yourself, that’s super important so go ahead go away and do that now and I’ll see you in the next part.
Action Plan: How To Pick Your Best Niche For Affiliate Marketing
Your action plan for this step here is to find your niche, this is key, and the best place to start is looking at the things you are currently doing or love doing.
- Create your first niche list, 3 things you love, enjoy doing and would like to learn about,
- Break those down into 2 level down thinking,
- If you are unsure of niches that you might like, you can also look at researching trending topics in your marketplace that people can get really excited about.
- You potentially want to look at something like Google trends, or Exploding topics (which is an absolutely fantastic website).